Surgical Malpractice Lawyers in Florida
There are a number of risks that normally accompany any surgery even for the healthiest patient, and your surgeon must ensure that you understand these risks when you sign a consent form. For example, anesthesia has a toxic effect on a person’s body and a severe reaction to an anesthetic is possible even though it is carefully administered. Even though surgical techniques have evolved rapidly over the last 26 years, negligence still occurs in surgical procedures and leads to bad and even catastrophic outcomes. If you have been injured as a result of a surgical mistake, talk with our Tampa medical malpractice attorneys who can review your case.
Surgical Errors Our Firm Handles
Surgical errors may have life-altering consequences for the patient, such as chronic pain, an inability to resume normal activities, additional surgeries, shortened life expectancy, or death. Lawsuits regarding such serious errors are complex cases, which require a surgical malpractice lawyer with an in-depth understanding of your circumstances, significant investigatory resources, and reliable expert testimony.
Surgical errors can include the following:
- Pre-operative mistakes – Incorrect preparation for a procedure. For example, the condition might have been remedied through other means or the patient was not a good candidate for the procedure.
- Surgery on the wrong patient
- Surgery on the wrong site – For example, performing a hysterectomy on a gallbladder patient
- Surgical mistakes involving wrong surgical procedure, organ damage, nerve damage, surgical instruments or other apparatus left in the body, contamination during surgery, and anesthesia errors.
- Post-operative mistakes – Inadequate or incorrect care which can include hospital borne infections
The Florida Law Group: Millions of Dollars Secured for Injured Victims
Our legal team understands how difficult this time is for you. Our purpose is to obtain justice for anyone who has suffered a serious injury as a result of a surgical procedure. We have successfully secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, which led to our inclusion in the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®. Our knowledgeable medical malpractice lawyers are ready to make this right for you or your loved one.
Please contact us to allow us to begin working on your surgical malpractice case.